Jeffrey Gitomer, Author of Customer Satisfaction is Worthless Customer Loyalty is Priceless
There are 12 elements that make great service possible. None of which have ever been taught in school.
- Establishing and maintaining a positive attitude;
- Establishing and achieving goals;
- Understanding yourself, your co-workers and your customer;
- Having pride in yourself, your company and what you do;
- Taking responsibility for your actions, what happens to you, and the success of your company;
- Listening with the intent to understand;
- Communicating to be understood;
- Embracing change as a natural progression of things and of life;
- Establishing, building and maintaining relationships;
- Gaining the ability to make effective decisions (which means taking risks);
- Learning to serve others in a memorable way; and
- Working as a team to make everyone more productive.
In order to serve—you must be prepared to serve.
How important are each of these subjects in your success?
Have you ever taken a course in any of these subjects?